If you’re a 2nd career RD, you’ll love this episode! Even if you’re not, you’ll still want to listen in, Kristen Garland, RD, AKA The Real Deal RD, is definitely the real deal when it comes to creating a solid career in dietetics.
In this episode of the Make More Money as a Dietitian Podcast, Christine interviews Kristen about all of the things she’s achieved in her career in dietetics. As a former HR executive in the corporate world, Kristen took all she learned in corporate to be able to start her private practice straight out of her internship.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- How Kristen started out very organically in the field of dietetics.
- The MANY jobs Kristen has had over the years that prepared her to do well in private practice.
- How to bring the unique aspects of who you are into the work you do so you can create a career you love.
- How passion can lead you to your next best thing in the field of dietetics.
- How the “Woo” of the Universe (God) will always fill the gaps in your career, if you just trust the process.
- Kristen’s #1 advice for dietitians who want to start a nutrition business this year.
MORE ABOUT KRISTEN:
Kristen is a Registered Dietitian working in private practice. She completed her undergrad in Nutrition & Food at Ryerson and went on to complete her Masters in Applied Nutrition at the University of Guelph. As the founder of T1D Academy, Kristen’s specialty includes both people with diabetes and those who help to care for them. She welcomes the opportunity to partner with people of all ages and life stages who are looking for nutrition, health, and wellness support to help them live their best lives.
The Real Deal RD website: www.therealdealrd.ca
T1D Academy website: www.t1dacademy.ca
FEATURED ON THE SHOW
Sign up for a VIP Day with Christine. Check out the Charge What You’re Worth VIP Day and get the ball rolling today!
Get on the list to be notified when Embody Academy opens for enrollment!
Grab a copy of the “How to Calculate Your Rate as an RD Entrepreneur” Workbook
SUBSCRIBE, RATE & REVIEW on Apple Podcasts!
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If you’re not, I encourage you to do that today. You don’t want to miss an episode, so Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts!