Jessica Torro is an adjunct professor and has recently taken on the new role as Grant Program Manager, and Rachel is a department chair and associate professor in the Department of Nutrition at the Metropolitan State University of Denver. And they are spearheading a grant that is helping to bring in more diversity and inclusion in our profession.
In this episode of the Make More Money as a Dietitian Podcast, Christine chats with Jessica and Rachel about diversity and inclusion and what they are doing to support these things with their students and community.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- What limits unrepresented students from pursuing advanced degrees in the field.
- Christine shares some personal experiences with lack of representation.
- How Jessica and Rachel are helping empower students to get advanced degrees.
- The pathways that are now available to students.
- Why diversity is so important in nutrition.
FEATURED ON THE SHOW
Embody Academy with Christine
Schedule a Mini-Session with Christine
The “Charge What You’re Worth” private mentoring program
Join my private Facebook Group “Money Mindset Mastery for RD Entrepreneurs”
Grab a copy of the Money Mindset Reset Workbook
SUBSCRIBE, RATE & REVIEW on Apple Podcasts!
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If you’re not, I encourage you to do that today. You don’t want to miss an episode, so Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts!